Monday, November 14, 2011

Lego DNA

Hi everyone its Eleni! Today (Monday) in class we did a lab where we built DNA models using different color lego like pieces. The packet held the instructions to building the rungs and where to put the rods and hydrogen bonds. The cytosine (blue) connected to the guanine (yellow) and the adenine (orange) connected to the thymine (green). It was a nine rung ladder and the nitrogen bases were held together with a white hydrogen bond. The black deoxyribose sugar held together the base and the phosphate. We then took off the left half of the model and rebuilt the right side making a whole nother DNA structure. I did take pictures in class with my phone but as I've mentioned in past posts I am not good with computers so I'm not going to take the risk plugging my phone into the computer! But everyone was in class and hopefully can remember what it looks like! that really all we did in class today so everyone...STUDY!!


Also everyone pleaseeeee request a letter from Mrs. Stein to give the children a christmas present!! Pair up with a friend and help donate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment