Sunday, November 6, 2011

Muddiest Point!

Hi, Heidi here!

What I'm confused about is all the DEFINITIONS and what they DO. For example like what is BACTERIOPHAGE?? and PROPHAGE?? I'm always LOST when in class Mrs. Stein talks about this. Other things I get confused on are BINARY FISSION, PHAGOCYTE, ACTIVE/PASSIVE IMMUNITY, MACROPHAGE, and lastly HISTAMINES... I KNOW its a lot that I'm confused on but at least one thing being defined would be nice! THANKs!

p.s. Sorry I couldn't make it as beautiful and colorful as I wanted it, so that whoever reads it would be entertained as well. :) Somethings messed up with the program..... I guess. :(

1 comment:

  1. These are a lot of questions, i'm just going to answer as much as i can! So, bacteriophage is type of virus that infects bacteria. Prophage is bateriophage DNA that is embedded in the bacterial host's DNA. Binary Fission is when DNA replicates and the cell divides in half. Remember the notes that Mrs. Stien gave us when she was breaking up the words. So take Phagocyte. Phago mean eat and cyte means cell. so eating cell. Or in more scientific terms. Phagocyte consume bacteria and cell debris. Alright hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete