Monday, January 30, 2012

Extra credit

I'm sorry! I can't comment on the extra credit...
Here's my comment:

The fact that hunters are hunting these poor antelope's is cruel and immoral. The dude from the interview seems like he doesn't really love the animals. He wants money from killing these exotic animals. "Hunting... provides an economic incentive for ranchers to continue to breed these species...(reduced species extinction.") I would have to disagree with this quote from the video. Yes, these species vanished from Chad, Egypt, and other African countries, and they have thrived in Texas, but hunting itself did not boost up the population. This had to be somehow connected with their environmental change. Maybe there wasn't enough food back in Africa, but there's more food in Texas. I don't understand how sacrificing one can bring up an entire population. All that the hunters think about is the "population", but it's not even clear that their hunting is the reason these antelopes are thriving. The bottom line of this problem is not the population numbers, but natural selection- animals are better adapted to the environment (Texas) and survive better reproducing more offspring. I agree with the woman who was against hunting. You don’t create a life to shoot it. I would rather want them to go extinct than to shoot them.

-Eunice Chang

No comments:

Post a Comment