Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Brain Freezes When I See This D:


Anka here...(:

So... I know A LOT of people have the same question as me... but it really, truly is my #1 question out of Unit 2! And my muddiest point is... drum roll please... dun duh ruh duuuuunn...

....FOOD WEBS :3

These little suckers are super confusing, WAY too many arrows and animals on 'em at once! -.-
Specifically though, It confuses me whether an animal is a primary producer or a primary, secondary, or tertiary consumer.

SO COMMENT ON THIS QUESTION BECAUSE IT'S THE AWESOMEST!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. The big thing with food webs is that you need to follow ONE chain at a time.

    A food web is made of lots of different food chains.... so take it one chain at a time.

    FYI.. an animal can never be a 'primary producer'. Plants are producers.

    The FIRST animal to eat a producer is the primary consumer. Primary just means 'first'.

    It is possible for a consumer to be both a primary consumer and a secondary consumer. Or both a secondary consumer and a tertiary consumer. Or both a tertiary consumer and a primary consumer... ETC!!! The question is... WHAT FOOD CHAIN ARE YOU FOLLOWING????

    AGAIN, you NEED to look at individual food chains to answer questions about food webs.

    Hope that helps!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete