Thursday, September 22, 2011

Need help with food chains!

I understand them for the most part, except the difference between a Trophic Level, and the other one... I forgot the name, but its the one that eats the food.

I just don't understand what the difference is between a trophic level, and the other type of level, so if someone could help me that would be great! Thanks!




PS. to Mrs. Stein, you told me to put this in the post to remind you that I talked to you so you remember to not count is as late.

2 comments:

  1. Hey its kelly!!

    so basically how I think of this is the number that the organism is from the bottom of the pyramid is it's trophic level & the number or organisms in between the producer & the consumer it the consumer level

    so the producer is at the bottom, which is the 1st trophic level & the 2nd trophic level is the 1st consumer(its the 1st organism to eat something)

    Im not sure if this helps but I hope it does

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at my comment to MikeH 's muddy point.

    For food web issues, look at diagrams!!!

    ReplyDelete